[Proposal] An Apache Camel Integratation Proposal

[Proposal] An Apache Camel Integratation Proposal

giacomolm
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [Proposal] An Apache Camel Integratation Proposal

giacomolm
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [Proposal] An Apache Camel Integratation Proposal

Colm O hEigeartaigh
It looks pretty cool! It's great to see the further integration of Syncope
with other Apache projects (e.g. CXF). What sort of time frame do you
envisage for this task + for what version of Syncope - 1.2/1.3?

Colm.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:25 AM, giacomolm <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I forgot the most important part .. what do you think ?
>

> giacomolm wrote
> > Hi,
> >
> > Apache Syncope is a great solution for Identity Management. In this month
> > I analyzed some use cases that led me to reflect about the flexibility of
> > provisioning process to adapt to various (and sometimes very cumbersome)
> > deployment scenarios.
> >
> > The questions is: How well Syncope orchestrates the provisioning? The
> > problem is that Syncope lacks of a provisioning manager: this component
> > could allow an easy and fully customizable definition of provisioning
> > control logic.
> >
> > My proposal [1] consists in a redefinition of the (user and role)
> > controller concept, through the Apache Camel framework. Why this
> > framework? I think that Camel fits the need of easy control logic
> > definition. Moreover Camel supports a wide range of external components:
> > it means that it can be easily integrated with existing frameworks, like
> > Activiti.
> >
> > [1] http://www.slideshare.net/giacomolm/camel-proposaltirasa
> >
> > --
> > Giacomo Lamonaco
> >
> > Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
> > http://www.tirasa.net/

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [Proposal] An Apache Camel Integratation Proposal

ilgrosso
Administrator
Hi all,
in order to be able to freely experiment with this proposal, I've
created an almost empty repository at GitHub

https://github.com/Tirasa/SyncopeCamel

where Giacomo will be soon push a simple overlay project, based on
Syncope 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.

The idea is to override there some Syncope components (UserController,
RoleController, ...) and introduce the ProvisioningManager - being still
able to successfully run the relevant integration tests.

Once we've get a working PoC there, we could start discussing whether to
perform a full implementation here, and also the pmost suitable way to
accept Giacomo's contribution.

WDYT?
Regards.

On 20/11/2013 15:24, Giacomo Lamonaco wrote:

> Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate your interest. I'm planning
> to release a POC in the next months, before the end of February,
> because i can work on it only two days for week.
>
> I will keep you updated in the next weeks.
>
> Best Regards.

Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Fwd: [Proposal] An Apache Camel Integratation Proposal

Hadrian Zbarcea
First one bounced.

fringe benefits for the Camel project as well and volunteer to help out.

Cheers,
Hadrian

On 20/11/2013 20:12, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:

> I saw the proposal on user@camel and it sounds great. I see potential
> fringe benefits for the Camel project as well and volunteer to help out.

Great to hear!
I think I've found you on GitHub: if you agree, I'd add you as committer
to https://github.com/Tirasa/SyncopeCamel

I can provide some (more) guidance to Syncope internals, if needed.

Summarizing: Giacomo, Hadrian (and anyone else interested) will be
building a PoC - based on referenced proposal - on the above mentioned
GitHub repository. This mailing list will be used for any related
discussion (if you agree, I will enable the mail notification from
GitHub to dev@).
Once done, we will start discussing whether to a start a complete
implementation (somewhere in the official Syncope SVN) based on PoC results.

Do you (or anyone else here at dev@) see any problem with this working
model? I am proposing this way (instead of a bare dedicate branch on
SVN) mainly because Giacomo is not committer (for Hadrian, being an ASF
member, there would be no issue).

WDYT (especially fellow PMC members)?

Regards.

> On 11/20/2013 11:25 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> in order to be able to freely experiment with this proposal, I've
>> created an almost empty repository at GitHub
>>
>> https://github.com/Tirasa/SyncopeCamel
>>
>> where Giacomo will be soon push a simple overlay project, based on
>> Syncope 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.
>>
>> The idea is to override there some Syncope components (UserController,
>> RoleController, ...) and introduce the ProvisioningManager - being still
>> able to successfully run the relevant integration tests.
>>
>> Once we've get a working PoC there, we could start discussing whether to
>> perform a full implementation here, and also the pmost suitable way to
>> accept Giacomo's contribution.
>>
>> WDYT?
>> Regards.
>>
>> On 20/11/2013 15:24, Giacomo Lamonaco wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate your interest. I'm planning
>>> to release a POC in the next months, before the end of February,
>>> because i can work on it only two days for week.
>>>
>>> I will keep you updated in the next weeks.
>>>
>>> Best Regards.

Fabio Martelli
Il 21/11/2013 08:37, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:

> On 20/11/2013 20:12, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
>
>> I saw the proposal on user@camel and it sounds great. I see potential
>> fringe benefits for the Camel project as well and volunteer to help out.
>
> Great to hear!
> I think I've found you on GitHub: if you agree, I'd add you as
> committer to https://github.com/Tirasa/SyncopeCamel
>
> I can provide some (more) guidance to Syncope internals, if needed.
>
> Summarizing: Giacomo, Hadrian (and anyone else interested) will be
> building a PoC - based on referenced proposal - on the above mentioned
> GitHub repository. This mailing list will be used for any related
> discussion (if you agree, I will enable the mail notification from
> GitHub to dev@).
> Once done, we will start discussing whether to a start a complete
> implementation (somewhere in the official Syncope SVN) based on PoC
> results.
>
> Do you (or anyone else here at dev@) see any problem with this working
> model? I am proposing this way (instead of a bare dedicate branch on
> SVN) mainly because Giacomo is not committer (for Hadrian, being an
> ASF member, there would be no issue).
>
> WDYT (especially fellow PMC members)?
I completely agree with you.
Regards,
F.

> Regards.
>
>> On 11/20/2013 11:25 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> in order to be able to freely experiment with this proposal, I've
>>> created an almost empty repository at GitHub
>>>
>>> https://github.com/Tirasa/SyncopeCamel
>>>
>>> where Giacomo will be soon push a simple overlay project, based on
>>> Syncope 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.
>>>
>>> The idea is to override there some Syncope components (UserController,
>>> RoleController, ...) and introduce the ProvisioningManager - being
>>> still
>>> able to successfully run the relevant integration tests.
>>>
>>> Once we've get a working PoC there, we could start discussing
>>> whether to
>>> perform a full implementation here, and also the pmost suitable way to
>>> accept Giacomo's contribution.
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>> Regards.

Apache Syncope PMC
http://people.apache.org/~fmartelli/

Re: [Proposal] An Apache Camel Integratation Proposal

Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro-2

Il giorno 20/nov/2013, alle ore 17:25, Francesco Chicchiriccò <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi all,
> in order to be able to freely experiment with this proposal, I've created an almost empty repository at GitHub
>
> https://github.com/Tirasa/SyncopeCamel
>
> where Giacomo will be soon push a simple overlay project, based on Syncope 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.
>
> The idea is to override there some Syncope components (UserController, RoleController, ...) and introduce the ProvisioningManager - being still able to successfully run the relevant integration tests.
>
> Once we've get a working PoC there, we could start discussing whether to perform a full implementation here, and also the pmost suitable way to accept Giacomo's contribution.
>
> WDYT?

Great idea.
This proposal will make provisioning process more manageable and flexible.

+1

Marco

> Regards.
>
> On 20/11/2013 15:24, Giacomo Lamonaco wrote:
>> Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate your interest. I'm planning to release a POC in the next months, before the end of February, because i can work on it only two days for week.
>>
>> I will keep you updated in the next weeks.
>>
>> Best Regards.

Dott. Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro
Tel. +39 3939065570

Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~mdisabatino/

Re: [Proposal] An Apache Camel Integratation Proposal

Massimiliano Perrone (tirasa.net)

> Il giorno 20/nov/2013, alle ore 17:25, Francesco Chicchiriccò
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> > Hi all,
> > in order to be able to freely experiment with this proposal, I've
> > created an almost empty repository at GitHub
> >
> > https://github.com/Tirasa/SyncopeCamel
> >
> > where Giacomo will be soon push a simple overlay project, based on
> > Syncope 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.
> >
> > The idea is to override there some Syncope components
> > (UserController, RoleController, ...) and introduce the
> > ProvisioningManager - being still able to successfully run the
> > relevant integration tests.
> >
> > Once we've get a working PoC there, we could start discussing
> > whether to perform a full implementation here, and also the pmost
> > suitable way to accept Giacomo's contribution.
> >
> > WDYT?
>
> Great idea.
> This proposal will make provisioning process more manageable and
> flexible.

+1

> +1
>
> Marco
>
> > Regards.
> >
> > On 20/11/2013 15:24, Giacomo Lamonaco wrote:
> >> Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate your interest. I'm
> >> planning to release a POC in the next months, before the end of
> >> February, because i can work on it only two days for week.
> >>
> >> I will keep you updated in the next weeks.
> >>
> >> Best Regards.

Tel +39 393 9121310

Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

"L'apprendere molte cose non insegna l'intelligenza"
(Eraclito)

Re: [Proposal] An Apache Camel Integratation Proposal

Andrea Patricelli
Il 20/11/2013 12:25, giacomolm ha scritto:
> I forgot the most important part .. what do you think ?

Winning idea, you have all my support (if needed) :-)
+ 1

> giacomolm wrote
>> Hi,
>>
>> Apache Syncope is a great solution for Identity Management. In this month
>> I analyzed some use cases that led me to reflect about the flexibility of
>> provisioning process to adapt to various (and sometimes very cumbersome)
>> deployment scenarios.
>>
>> The questions is: How well Syncope orchestrates the provisioning? The
>> problem is that Syncope lacks of a provisioning manager: this component
>> could allow an easy and fully customizable definition of provisioning
>> control logic.
>>
>> My proposal [1] consists in a redefinition of the (user and role)
>> controller concept, through the Apache Camel framework. Why this
>> framework? I think that Camel fits the need of easy control logic
>> definition. Moreover Camel supports a wide range of external components:
>> it means that it can be easily integrated with existing frameworks, like
>> Activiti.
>>
>> [1] http://www.slideshare.net/giacomolm/camel-proposaltirasa
>>
>> --
>> Giacomo Lamonaco
>>
>> Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
>> http://www.tirasa.net/

Dott. Andrea Patricelli
Tel +393204524292

Trainee @ Tirasa S.r.l.
http://www.tirasa.net

Re: [Proposal] An Apache Camel Integratation Proposal

ilgrosso
Administrator
Hey Hadrian and Giacomo,
how things are proceeding? Are you facing some weird issues? Are you
close to the target?
Please keep us informed about your progresses :-)

Regards.