Fwd: Upload binary >4MB in Syncope console GUI

Fwd: Upload binary >4MB in Syncope console GUI

Anh Nguyen Tuan
Hi,

This is regarding to ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-1209.

I'm able to use LONGBLOB now with suggested config. However in the console GUI still does not response after uploading with file size > 4MB, as described in issue 2 of the ticket. We're not expecting it to work because limitation seems to be 4MB, but we're looking for a proper error message. Refer screenshot, Next doesn't work https://pasteboard.co/GLcB5mc.jpg
Even if we upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.0.5, we still observe the same issue. Please help us check this.

Thanks,
Anh

Re: Fwd: Upload binary >4MB in Syncope console GUI

Andrea Patricelli-2
Hi Anh,

Supposing that you are using Apache Tomcat application server:
first of all, if you want to get rid of the file size issue, you have to
increase maxPostSize size and maxHttpHeaderSize in Apache Tomcat
configurations. Please refer to [1].

About the proper error message you are right, Syncope should advice the
user about exceeded file size. Can you open an issue on Jira about this?
Specifying that the error is not the file size (that is not accepted,
but is configurable), but the missing error message.

Thanks for your support and collaboration!

Best regards,
Andrea

[1] https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/config/http.html

--
Dott. Andrea Patricelli
Tel. +39 3204524292

Developer @ Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope PMC Member

Re: Upload binary >4MB in Syncope console GUI

Anh Nguyen Tuan
Hi Andrea,

I got your reply in this mail thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5db3e08b55b831e7d6adcd13b0e8c9703606403f7b2f1318a9e3fe2e@%3Cdev.syncope.apache.org%3E
Sorry for late response, I didn't subscribe to dev mailing list.

I've raised SYNCOPE-1213
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-1213> to fix the error
message.

Thanks,
Anh

On 9/20/2017 1:46 PM, Anh Nguyen Tuan wrote:

> Hi
>
> This is regarding to ticket
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-1209
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-1209>.
>
> I'm able to use LONGBLOB now with suggested config. However in the
> console GUI still does not response after uploading with file size >
> 4MB, as described in issue 2 of the ticket. We're not expecting it to
> work because limitation seems to be 4MB, but we're looking for a
> proper error message. Refer screenshot, Next doesn't work
> https://pasteboard.co/GLcB5mc.jpg
> Even if we upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.0.5, we still observe the same
> issue. Please help us check this.
>
> Thanks,
> Anh

Re: Upload binary >4MB in Syncope console GUI

Andrea Patricelli-2
Hi Ahn,

Thanks for the collaboration!

Have a nice day,