Errors on shutdown

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Errors on shutdown

Colm O hEigeartaigh
Hi all,

I'm seeing some errors in catalina.out after shutting down Syncope
(2.0.4-SNAPSHOT, Tomcat 8.5.15):

14-Jun-2017 09:37:52.161 WARNING [localhost-startStop-2]
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesThreads The
web application [syncope-console] appears to have started a thread named
[Log4j2-TF-2-AsyncLoggerConfig-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very
likely to create a memory leak. Stack trace of thread:
 sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)

....

Caught exception class java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError logging exception
class java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/logging/log4j/core/async/DiscardingAsyncQueueFullPolicy
    at
org.apache.logging.log4j.core.async.AsyncLoggerConfigDisruptor.stop(AsyncLoggerConfigDisruptor.java:273)
    at
org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.AbstractConfiguration.stop(AbstractConfiguration.java:325)

Any ideas? I can reproduce by just starting Tomcat, waiting until Syncope
is up and running, and then shutting it down again.

Colm.


--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Errors on shutdown

ilgrosso
Administrator
On 14/06/2017 10:58, Colm O hEigeartaigh wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm seeing some errors in catalina.out after shutting down Syncope
> (2.0.4-SNAPSHOT, Tomcat 8.5.15):
>
> 14-Jun-2017 09:37:52.161 WARNING [localhost-startStop-2]
> org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesThreads The
> web application [syncope-console] appears to have started a thread named
> [Log4j2-TF-2-AsyncLoggerConfig-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very
> likely to create a memory leak. Stack trace of thread:
>   sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
>
> ....
>
> Caught exception class java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError logging exception
> class java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/logging/log4j/core/async/DiscardingAsyncQueueFullPolicy
>      at
> org.apache.logging.log4j.core.async.AsyncLoggerConfigDisruptor.stop(AsyncLoggerConfigDisruptor.java:273)
>      at
> org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.AbstractConfiguration.stop(AbstractConfiguration.java:325)
>
> Any ideas? I can reproduce by just starting Tomcat, waiting until Syncope
> is up and running, and then shutting it down again.

It seems to be due to Log4J and Disruptor:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1830
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1642

Others seem to have similar problems:

https://discuss.elastic.co/t/issue-with-elastic-search-5-0-0-java-lang-classnotfoundexception-org-apache-logging-log4j-core-async-daemonthreadfactory/64345/9
https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server/issues/306

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

Member at The Apache Software Foundation
Syncope, Cocoon, Olingo, CXF, OpenJPA, PonyMail
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Errors on shutdown

Colm O hEigeartaigh
OK thanks Francesco!

Colm.

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 14/06/2017 10:58, Colm O hEigeartaigh wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm seeing some errors in catalina.out after shutting down Syncope
>> (2.0.4-SNAPSHOT, Tomcat 8.5.15):
>>
>> 14-Jun-2017 09:37:52.161 WARNING [localhost-startStop-2]
>> org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesThreads
>> The
>> web application [syncope-console] appears to have started a thread named
>> [Log4j2-TF-2-AsyncLoggerConfig-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very
>> likely to create a memory leak. Stack trace of thread:
>>   sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)
>>
>> ....
>>
>> Caught exception class java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError logging exception
>> class java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>> org/apache/logging/log4j/core/async/DiscardingAsyncQueueFullPolicy
>>      at
>> org.apache.logging.log4j.core.async.AsyncLoggerConfigDisrupt
>> or.stop(AsyncLoggerConfigDisruptor.java:273)
>>      at
>> org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.AbstractConfiguration.s
>> top(AbstractConfiguration.java:325)
>>
>> Any ideas? I can reproduce by just starting Tomcat, waiting until Syncope
>> is up and running, and then shutting it down again.
>>
>
> It seems to be due to Log4J and Disruptor:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1830
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1642
>
> Others seem to have similar problems:
>
> https://discuss.elastic.co/t/issue-with-elastic-search-5-0-0
> -java-lang-classnotfoundexception-org-apache-logging-log4j-core-async-
> daemonthreadfactory/64345/9
> https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server/issues/306
>
> --
> Francesco Chicchiriccò
>
> Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
> http://www.tirasa.net/
>
> Member at The Apache Software Foundation
> Syncope, Cocoon, Olingo, CXF, OpenJPA, PonyMail
> http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/
>
>


--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com
Loading...