[DISCUSS] Apache Syncope 2.0.5

ilgrosso
Administrator
Discussion thread for vote on 2.0.5 release, with GIT source tag
(726614b80cd25168637754f88cdb2f9030e77012).

For more information on the release process, check out
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

Some of the things to check before voting are:
- does "mvn apache-rat:check" pass on the source
- can you build the contents of source release zip and GIT tag
- do all of the staged jars/wars/zips contain the required LICENSE and
NOTICE files
- are all of the staged jars/wars/zips signed and the signature verifiable
- is the signing key in the project's KEYS file and on a public server
(i.e. http://www.apache.org/dist/syncope/)

Regards.
--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Syncope 2.0.5

ilgrosso
Administrator
(Replying here as this is DISCUSS thread related to the VOTE in progress)

> I tried to start the standalone distribution but got the error:
>
> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid
> bean definition with name 'buildNumber' defined in URL
> [jar:file:/home/colm/dist/apache/syncope/syncope-standalone-2.0.5/apache-tomcat-8.5.20/webapps/syncope/WEB-INF/lib/syncope-core-logic-2.0.5.jar!/logicContext.xml]:
> Could not resolve placeholder 'buildNumber' in value "${buildNumber}";
> nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not resolve
> placeholder 'buildNumber' in value "${buildNumber}"

Hi Colm,
I am afraid you are right - and the same problem happens when deploying
apache-syncope-2.0.5.deb

The specific reason is that I have built the artifacts deployed to

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/syncope/2.0.5/

from syncope-2.0.5-source-release.zip

while the Maven artifacts were normally published to the staging
repository from my local GIT clone.

The problem lies in the buildnumber-maven-plugin: I'll look at how to
deal with that.

Naturally, I am going to cancel (for the 2nd time in 2 days) the VOTE in
progress.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Syncope 2.0.5

ilgrosso
Administrator

> (Replying here as this is DISCUSS thread related to the VOTE in progress)
>
> On 05/09/2017 18:26, Colm O hEigeartaigh wrote:
>> I tried to start the standalone distribution but got the error:
>>
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid
>> bean definition with name 'buildNumber' defined in URL
>> [jar:file:/home/colm/dist/apache/syncope/syncope-standalone-2.0.5/apache-tomcat-8.5.20/webapps/syncope/WEB-INF/lib/syncope-core-logic-2.0.5.jar!/logicContext.xml]:
>>
>> Could not resolve placeholder 'buildNumber' in value "${buildNumber}";
>> nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not
>> resolve
>> placeholder 'buildNumber' in value "${buildNumber}"
>
> Hi Colm,
> I am afraid you are right - and the same problem happens when
> deploying apache-syncope-2.0.5.deb
>
> The specific reason is that I have built the artifacts deployed to
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/syncope/2.0.5/
>
> from syncope-2.0.5-source-release.zip
>
> while the Maven artifacts were normally published to the staging
> repository from my local GIT clone.
>
> The problem lies in the buildnumber-maven-plugin: I'll look at how to
> deal with that.
>
> Naturally, I am going to cancel (for the 2nd time in 2 days) the VOTE
> in progress.

I have ended up by modifying the release process as follows

https://github.com/apache/syncope/commit/12bd444c480088120f7c9aac76ef6c377712abcb

to ensure that buildnumber-maven-plugin does not make troubles.

I'll start the new VOTE right away.

Regards.